In our part of the world, January is the coldest and darkest month of the year. Naturally, during this season people struggle with keeping up their motivation levels. While taking a sun vacation is a nice break, it is best to think about long-term, sustainable solutions that help you kick winter in the teeth!
Here are a few ways that we are defeating January this year in the Parkman household:
- Bundling up and getting outside for a walk
- Devoting time to thankfulness journalling
- Maintaining a work out schedule (if you struggle in this area like me, make sure you use the buddy system!)
- Reading the Bible and other uplifting books
- Staying focused on larger goals and staying on daily steps towards these goals whether the emotional kick is there or not
- Taking a break from TV and enjoying a family game
- Anticipating exciting trips/events/milestones in the next year
- Enjoying a home-cooked meal with friends
- Cutting yourself some slack and recognizing that some seasons in life are tougher than others
- Casting anxieties and burdens on God as they come to mind
- Taking Vitamin D supplements
- Listening to motivation-boosting podcasts
Do not let January defeat you!!
*Please comment below with ways that you defeat January!*